Implementing dxdiag as student project?

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Dec 28 09:53:44 CST 2008

> > Also, isn't it annoying that native dxdiag always says
> > the graphics card is X Windows?  Why is that, and
> > should we change Wine so that the true card's info
> > is reported by native dxdiag?
> >
> I don't know, but if I were to guess I'd say it probably doesn't get
> that information from d3d, but from gdi32 or winex11.drv.
I think it is a resource string in winex11.drv.

Concerning this topic, there are some apps that try to load the nvidia/ati
specific driver files, and have vendor specific strings. City of Heroes
tried to find nvogl.dll(or similar, don't remember exactly). I don't know
what it tried to do with it, but this could potentially be a bigger problem
than just a string in dxdiag.