wined3d: Do not treat oversized textures as failure

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Dec 28 11:11:15 CST 2008

> It tries to create a 1024x1024 texture, and my card (Intel 945GM) is
> limited
> to 512x512:
>
>  glxinfo -l | grep GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE
>     GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 512
Wow, that is small. Even my pretty old radeon 9000 supports 2048x2048
textures...

I recommend to check the max texture size on Windows(does the game work on
this card on Windows?). I'd say there's some driver problem here, 512x512
sounds way too small for any semi-recent card.

That said, we should still fix the memory leak if CreateTexture fails...