xinput: Add stub XInputEnable

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at
Sun Dec 28 13:25:40 CST 2008

2008/12/28 Andrew Fenn <andrewfenn at>:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at> wrote:
>> Also, don't forget to add the prototype to the header, I noticed they're missing for all the other xinput functions as well.
> I think I have added the prototypes correctly to the header file.
> Could you have a quick look at my patch and tell me if I am doing that
> right?
Other than the missing semicolon Vitaliy already mentioned, and the
types being defined after their first use, I think it's useful to
specify C linkage for C++ applications that might include the header.

2008/12/28 ricardo filipe <ricardo_barbano at>:
> it's almost that. but it needs some changes.
> first you put the prototypes after the defines and typedefs, they may be needed for the prototypes.
> second you don't put variable names in the protypes, it should be something like:
No, variable names are optional, but not forbidden. Usually it makes
things more readable to include them.

It's a bit awkward to write "XINPUT_STATE* pState" though, since the *
is part of the declarator in C, not part of the base type.