Wine on Windows - wiki notes

David Gerard dgerard at
Tue Dec 30 15:00:51 CST 2008

Wine on Windows is an idea of real-world usefulness, as newer versions
of Microsoft Windows increasingly fail to support apps Wine still

I've started a wiki page:

This covers my experiments with the three main POSIX layers (Cygwin,
MinGW and Interix) on XPsp3.

Various people have told me they've got it to work before (native
compilation and install on Windows), but I seem to be the one
gathering data :-) If anyone who's done it could please (a) put there
what they did with what versions of Wine and tools (b) check with
current Wine, that would be most appreciated.

- d.