running "make test" results in an error

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 4 14:38:51 CST 2008

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 18:41:23 schrieb Christopher:
> err:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Resolution change not successful --
> perhaps display has changed? device.c:753: Test failed: Screen width is
> 1680
> device.c:754: Test failed: Screen height is 1050
That is causing the tests to fail. I've never seen that specific behavior
before, but I think that winex11 doesn't return an error if the resolution
change fails. This is because some users have "broken" X11 setups which only
support one resolution. That way games run in a corner of the screen instead
of bailing out.

The consequence is that the test isn't told that the resolution switch failed,
and then complains about an unexpected resolution.

I think the problem with the test is that it assumes that 640x480 is
available. I haven't seen a Windows box yet where this wasn't the case, but I
think the best option is to check for that and skip the test with a warning
to avoid failing make test.

Obviously, games that require 640x480 will have issues on your computer as
well.