winetest experience

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 4 21:49:48 CST 2008

Okay, so I boldly tried to use winetest with what documentation
I could find, and had an...um...interesting time.

I created these files:

[jertop] cat build.id
fcccd9fca605d1d4c462df5c33f4bacf03bdda5f
[jertop] cat build.nfo
A Large Shovel
[jertop] cat tests.url
http://www.IDontKnowWhatURLToPutHere.com/
[jertop]

did a make dist, and then did:

./winetest -c -t "jw-etch32"

It ran, did it's thing, and had one interactive thing
(Gecko fussed at me; that's not a Winetest bug afaik).

Then when it was all done, it transferred my nearly
1 MB file, and then errored out with:
  "Unknown build id"

So then I looked at the output file, and sure enough, it had
a - for build info, not my fancy git id.

So I hacked that, put in jwtip, and then ran winetest -s
to send my output file through.

And then I have a lovely result here:
  http://test.winehq.org/data/jwtip/

So that's *something* at least.  Although I suspect someone will now
have to go clean up my mess :-/.

So...what's the convention for build.id etc?  And
why didn't they get set?

Cheers,

Jeremy