Blocked conformance tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Feb 5 05:18:37 CST 2008

When I run winetest on Windows XP I get some dialog boxes asking me:

   Do you want to keep blocking this program?

According to the title bar, the impacted tests are:
   'Microsoft DirectPlay Helper'  ???

My understanding is that it should only prevent the test from receiving
network connections which I guess is not common. Does anyone know if
this could cause any test failure currently?

How does XP determine whether to block the test or not?

Is the 'authorisation' based on the executable hash? If so there's no
way to pre-authorise the tests for nightly tests.

Should the winetest mark the executable so it is not hampered by this

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.