msvcrt: Fix EOF behavior on read from pipe

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at
Fri Feb 8 08:41:11 CST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 4:31 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy's patch was almost right, he
> forgot a test case, and he neglected to move where
> EOF is detected for pipes instead of just removing it.
> Should fix

The problem is more general: consoles *also* break on short reads
(Java 1.4.1's gdb takes 1 command then quits because it thinks it's
the end of file) and I'm sure short read != end of file for ordinary
files either, especially in *nix where read() can easily be
interrupted by a signal.