Is there a Git Repositories for Unaccept Patches or (work in Progress)?

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Sun Feb 10 23:57:51 CST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 12:52 AM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at> wrote:
> Let me put it another way. Having worked on multiple maintainer
> projects with public write access repositories and a single maintainer
> repo like Wine I know the up and down side of both methods, but it
> will be a cold day in hell before I waste my time trying to do any
> sort of major infrastructure work over bugzilla with plain diffs. Gits
> design is supposed to remove the need for such development practices.
> Its already in CVS in darwine but that does not make for easy merging
> so I fail to see how bugzilla + diff's is supposed to be a more
> effective development method.

Sorry I didn't mean for that to sound quite so rude. Having invested a
good bit of time in trying to understand git, I think I git it now so
to speak and not having a public repo where there can be really
collaborative development seems to be a step back to me. Not that
bugzilla + diff's is bad. Its great for minor enhancements and small
patches that are not ready to go in but for major new developments
requiring multiple eye balls, a shared repository is the only sane way
to go.

Steven Edwards