gecko download not robust?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:02:20 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:08 PM, marco <marco at mandrivaclub.nl> wrote:
> Yes a suggested package is possible. But most people would not know it
>  is there and would not install it.

Could adjust the current dialog that asks to install gecko to say
something to the effect of 'This package may also be available through
your distribution's package manager.'

>  What is the status of the gecko package. Is it something people really
>  need for a good wine experience
>  or do we want to present it as a suggestion ?

In my personal experience when testing apps for bug reports/AppDB,
I've found around 1/4 or so of applications require it for some
functionality. This is highly subjective, of course, and others may
have different experiences.

-Austin