gecko download not robust?

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Fri Feb 15 15:33:41 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:55:26AM -0600, Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM, TheBlunderbuss <tehblunderbuss at gmail.com> wrote:
> > marco wrote:
> > > I can make a separate  package  of gecko

> > This sounds good to me, but lets not compartmentalize wine too much,
> > like Debian.
> > Who wants to find out that you need so many wine* packages in order to
> > get something to work?
> Agreed, but I don't think wine, wine-dev, and wine-gecko is too much,
> especially considering that wine-gecko rarely changes...

IMHO there should be a meta-package that is named wine which depends on
everything wine, but which itself doesn't contain any files. That is
also how it seems to have been done in the latest wine in debian, so it
is no problem anymore that their wine is split up in many packages. But
users who know what they do can still choose the subset they want.

Jan