X developer's conference, April 16-18

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 10:25:40 CST 2008

> http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2008
>
> Seems like Wine might want a representative.
> What issues would we want to bring up there?
> - relative mouse motion events
> ...?
>
> - Dan

Perhaps X developers should be aware about the way we implement windowed opengl rendering (bug 2398) using Composite. Basically we use an 'offscreen' window as a buffer and so now and then we copy this data over. Not all drivers support this properly yet (yes, they are working on features like this) but I don't think most are aware of the way Wine uses them (there is more than compiz).

Roderick