iTunes

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 18 07:54:19 CST 2008

Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> On a slightly related note: Do you know if the hardware drivers are
> installed somewhere? I would be interested in getting iTunes syncing
> to my ipod touch (similar to iphone). I didn't see anything in my
> wineprefix after installation.

I don't know about the iPod Touch and iPhone, but iPods are USB mass
storage devices in Windows and so don't require any device drivers.

iTunes 4.x communicated with an iPod using DeviceIoControl(...,
IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH, ...) and DeviceIoControl(...,
IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT, ...), but only after doing a whole bunch
of low-level calls using setupapi and other ioctls to find the device.

The 4.x versions of iTunes did install a driver for the CD burning
functionality, however.

Good luck, but bear in mind that any hard work done on iTunes may need
to re-done in 3-6 months time when the next version of iTunes comes out.

--
Rob Shearman