How should we treat users on bugzilla?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 11:49:40 CST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 12:01 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Tlarhices wrote:
> > In my opinion the main problem is that the bug tracker is too easy to
> > find and the forum too hard to find.
>
> The appdb is our forum, and it's quite easy to find.
>
> I do agree it could use some interface improvements.
> For instance, I think the front page is too crowded.
>
> Also, the 'browse by rating' feature (thanks for adding it!)
> needs to list apps sorted by name; the current seemingly-random
> sort order isn't very useful.
> - Dan

What's the possibility of a winehq forum? There seem to be a few
floating around online, but none are too popular. This fragments users
looking for help, and doesn't give those wanting to help a consistent
place to look. Plus, it's sort of hard to use AppDB to try and get
help with compiling wine, figuring out driver/wine issues, and other
things that aren't really related to a single application.

-Austin