How should we treat users on bugzilla?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 18 14:51:36 CST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 10:21 AM, Zachary Goldberg <zgold550 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The appdb is our forum, and it's quite easy to find.
> >
> > What's the possibility of a winehq forum? There seem to be a few
> > floating around online, but none are too popular. This fragments users
> > looking for help, and doesn't give those wanting to help a consistent
> > place to look. Plus, it's sort of hard to use AppDB to try and get
> > help with compiling wine, figuring out driver/wine issues, and other
> > things that aren't really related to a single application.
>
> Would that be too redundant with the user mailing list?

As I said above, the appdb is enough of a forum for us.
The mailing list is the right place for general discussion.

There has been some talk of moving the mailing list to a
system with a better web interface, one that allows
posting from the web, but there doesn't seem to be enough
reason to do it.

Adding one more discussion area would just fragment the
discussion.  Better that we use the existing ones, I think.
- Dan