Do we need a forum?

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at
Mon Feb 18 17:13:20 CST 2008

Steven Edwards <winehacker <at>> writes:

> On Feb 18, 2008 5:10 PM, Jeff Zaroyko <jeffzaroyko <at>> wrote:
> > We already have a forum, the appdb.
> appdb seems limited by default to being about applications. What about
> discussion issues with other linux distros, solaris, OS X and forks of
> Wine? That was the purpose of
> It should cover everything the appdb forum does not.

I don't see what you mean, the majority of discussion or request for help
with wine is to do with applications, if a user is experiencing a problem
with an application on any distro it still relevant to the application.

This is why I think that my idea of simply creating useful view of the
current data and a slightly different styled interface would be better
than websites like

I don't see the point in discussing forks of wine in a _wine_ discussion
forum, discussion of other projects should be elsewhere imo.