Do we need a forum?

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Feb 19 18:30:18 CST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 3:23 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at> wrote:
> > OK.  I propose we make that a redirect to
> >
> -1 I still don't like the layout and easy of use of google groups. It
> has decent search but thats about all it has going for it. Running our
> own forum gives us more control over the layout and features.

I was mostly joking.

Now that links to the two
existing popular forums about Wine, I think we should be

As I said earlier, I think creating our own forum would just
fragment users further.  I know somehow you think that
won't happen, and you think every user everywhere would
flock to our forum, but I think there's very little chance of
users abandoning the forums they're familiar with.

Wine should strive to not be a destination site in and of itself,
it should strive to be an invisible part of the plumbing of
every linux distro.
- Dan