appdb: database issues

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:31:06 CST 2008

In include/query.php in query_appdb() we only call mysql_connect() if
the global $hAppdbLink isn't a valid resource. So, when a user
connects to display a page the first query should open the connection
and upon completion of the script $hAppdbLink will be freed and the
connection should be closed. So I'm not sure that this is the cause of
the out-of-connections issue although I don't see a reason why we
shouldn't just let php take care of this internally and apply a
variation of your change where we always attempt to connect and select
the appropriate database and remove the global handle and the resource
check etc.

Chris