dmband: Indirection levels fix

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Thu Feb 21 15:13:32 CST 2008

Robert Shearman wrote:

> This isn't correct. Judging by the surrounding code, this should be
> allocating a block of memory of This->pDesc->pbMemData and then passing
> pDesc->llMemLength into memcpy, possibly validating that
> pDesc->llMemLength isn't greater than UINT_MAX to avoid an overflow.

Yes. I realised later that there were two possibilites: pointer copying or
memory copying, so I sent an email to Alexandre, since I didn't have my
normal usenet access at the time.

I was unable to figure out whether This->pDesc->pbMemData needs its own
slice of memory or whether it can use that which comes with
pDesc->pbMemData. I shall leave this one (and a similar one in
dmcompos/chordmap.c) and sweep on with the easy fixes.

Thanks,

--
Andy.