website: add links to most popular active Wine forums

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Thu Feb 21 17:11:05 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Tom Wickline <twickline at> wrote:
>  >  And Google Groups has 738 subscribers :D
>  >
>  >  There for a second I was feeling rather poorly about the wine-forum site.
>  >
>  >  So, I suppose the forums I put up are about as destructive as Goggle Groups.
>  Nah, the usenet group's been there for over a decade,
>  it's not hurting anybody.  (Though it sure would be nice if
>  we had that bidirectional gateway working.  It never seems
>  to stay up.)

So we have about 1400 people in a short period of time that like
forums and how no where else to go. I for one hate, despise, loath and
in general just don't like google groups. I like the general layout of
other web-forums like wine-forum however. All google groups gives us
is a gateway to wineusers newsgroup which has been around forever and
a day. I propose we make the gateway on wine-forum so it will have a
much more sane layout. Then it won't disrupt the existing userbase of
fragmented forum usage while adding a valuable service to the
community. Evidently an equal number of people prefer the wine-forum
to posting on google groups so the only solution I see is to add a
news gateway to wine-forum so it can access the same content....

Unless you have the power to make google groups not suck.

Steven Edwards