Fun Project: Add dialogs to builtin IE

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:02:44 CST 2008

Hi,
I submitted a proof of concept patch for this a week or so back that
added a simple file->exit menu to the builtin Internet Explorer. I've
spoken with Jacek a bit about it and it seems shdocvw.dll is the
correct place to implement the UI layout if we are targeting IE
versions less the 7. There seems to be a plugin interface the GUI uses
for browser extensions but if a first pass I don't think we really
need to support it. Unfortuntly due to time constraints I am not going
to be able to work on this project so if there is anyone out there
that wants to contribute with a simple fun project, please feel free
to add menus, dialogs and the address bar. I'll try to help as best I
can but I expect to be tied up for some time to come.

Thanks
Steven

--
Steven Edwards