wineprefixcreate failing?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:35:57 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Maarten Lankhorst <crumb at google.com> wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  > Is it just me or is wineprefixcreate crashing horribly for others as well?
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  > Maarten.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  Are you running ubuntu by chance? Seems to be a bug in Hardy/Gutsy
>  that may be related to gcc. See:
>  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine/+bug/191575
>
>  -Austin

I ran a regression test, and got all the way back to wine-0.9.56
without a failure. I was about to book an appointment with a
psychiatrist or a bartender, then found that the failure only occurs
when calling wine from a different directory. I.e.:

austin at austin-desktop:~/wine-git$ rm -rf ~/.wine && ~/wine-git/wine
notepad # this works fine
austin at austin-desktop:~$ rm -rf ~/.wine && ~/wine-git/wine notepad # fails

So I'm rerunning the tests now. However, thought I'd let everyone know
just in case they need a workaround until the problem can be fixed...

-Austin