USB with libusb

Eliot Blennerhassett linux at
Sun Feb 24 16:53:06 CST 2008

I have been reading about general USB support. E.g.

This mentions 4 scenarios.

But here's a 5th that I am wondering about:

The Windows app has been linked to libusb.
How do I get it to use the linux version of libusb?
Will it "just work", or do I need to make a libusb.dll for Wine that passes
calls through to linux libusb?

(I am talking to a hardware manufacturer that currently uses their own
custom .sys driver to access usb on windows, suggesting libusb might make
their app easier to port or just run with Wine)

thanks and regards