GSoC project ideas

Kai Blin kai.blin at
Mon Feb 25 03:04:00 CST 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008 09:39:23 Reece Dunn wrote:

> *  Wine 1.0 related projects - this is likely to be fixing bugs, but
> is there anything in there (or a group of bugs) that is worthy of
> project status?

I think it's kind of tricky to judge the scope here. I think the consensus
from WineConf was to look if the project was doable first, and if we'd like
to have that feature second.

> *  Command line API into the installer/uninstaller, winecfg and other
> tools. This [] is desired
> by Ubuntu - and would be useful to other distributions and scripts -
> for automating a Wine setup.

We'd need word from Alexandre if such patches would have any chance at getting

> *  Other integration/usability improvements. See the
> [] wiki page for
> ideas.

This one seems like lots of work, but I think it's possible to cherry-pick a
set of things that are doable. Partly depends on the previous item, though.

Kai Blin
WorldForge developer
Wine developer
Samba team member