GSoC project ideas

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Feb 25 04:30:37 CST 2008

Quoting Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> as promised, I'll start off this thread with the ideas we have on the wiki
> page [1] right now:
>
>  * Implementing a WinePluginApi so other programs can use Windows DLLs inside
> of Linux apps

In case this is taken by someone, KDE 2.0 had a KPart component called
reaKtivate which provided exactly this. It's still in SVN:

http://websvn.kde.org/tags/unmaintained/3/reaktivate/
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/tags/unmaintained/3/reaktivate

It depends on KDE 2.0 and Qt 2.2. I started to port it to KDE 4.0 / Qt
4.3 but I had to put it on hold due to lack of time.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org