GSoC project ideas

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 25 07:38:31 CST 2008

Kai wrote:

> * Implementing a WinePluginApi so other programs can use
> Windows DLLs inside of Linux apps

That one's very tricky and systemy, a successful student
would have to be a kernel and/or glibc maven, too.

> * Valgrind and Wine integration (see: Wine_and_Valgrind)

That one's sorted, or will be, so let's strike it.

> * Run the Mauve Java test suite against Sun's Windows JRE, and file bugs /
> write test cases in C / fix anything it finds

Done.  Mauve's a mess.  We pass the part of it that makes sense.

> * pick a Windows feature that is incomplete in Wine, and improve the feature
> and its conformance tests. (Some good examples might be riched20

Believe it or not, there's still stuff to do there, I think.  (Mostly
COM-related?)
- Dan