GSOC (proposal)

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:19:39 CST 2008

On 25/02/2008, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>  Implementing Vertex Blending via vertex shaders means writing a replacement
>  shader for the fixed function vertex pipeline. Henri has started such a
>  thing, but never completed it due to the lack of time and need(as far as I
>  can see "tons of games" means one game and 4 directx sdk samples). Writing
>  the replacement shader shouldn't be that much of a problem. The algorithms
>  are well known and can be read in MSDN, the opengl books or pretty much any
>  book on 3D rendering math. The bigger problem is integrating this work into
>  wined3d in a proper way. I don't know if that is doable for a soc student, my
>  last estimation on that topic wasn't that good. Henri, what do you think?

I'm not sure, I guess it depends on what level of "finished" you're
aiming for. Getting something basic running shouldn't be too hard, but
a full replacement (including fragment processing) would probably be
too much work. Of course I'd rather write it myself :-) but I guess
that's not going to happen.