X developer's conference, April 16-18

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 12:21:18 CST 2008

> Stefan Dösinger skrev:
> > A few proposed topics:
> >
> > * Relative mouse movements
> > * A few new GL extensions. Only partially concerns Xorg, but I think it
> is
> > reasonable to present them there in the hope that ATI, Nvidia and Mesa
> people
> > are there.
> >  -> Flat shading vertex colors
> >  -> sRGB writing without blending
> >  -> Texture rectangles with normalized coords
> >  -> GLSL support for some D3D shader instructions(mova, lit)
> >  -> More widespread support for a few existing extensions
> > * Other things?
>
> Did someone mention a nice way to query amount of video card's onboard
> VRAM?

I talked about that with some X developers a while ago and they felt (and I agree with them) that this is something that should not be exported. OpenGL hides it from us for a reason. It is against the philosophy of GL. DirectX allows it but the same as exporting the pci id, it is not something that should be exported in my opinion.

Roderick