[5/6] ddraw: fix palette copying when destination palette is NULL

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 1 07:42:41 CST 2008

Am Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008 11:19:50 schrieb Alexander Dorofeyev:
> OK, I'll see what I can do with the test. Speaking of tests, I submitted
> test for zero vertex rhw case (as suggested by H.Verbeet to avoid future
> regressions), but I think it didn't get accepted. Perhaps, you can look
> through it and provide some feedback? Would be good to hear the bad news
> now, before I submit more wrong stuff (esp. considering that I'm also
> trying to write a test for another issue with Aliens vs Predator 1 that I
> want to fix). I'm attaching the zero rhw test.
It is likely that Alexandre was waiting for an OK from me or Henri. He is the
only committer, but when someone he doesn't know sends a patch he usually
waits for the OK from someone who is maintaining the part of Wine. I think I
forgot to send an OK mail to the test when you submitted it.

A few minor suggestions for the test:
* The vertex structure should be declared somewhere else already, as part of
the lighting test I think. You can reuse that instead of redeclaring it.

* You don't have to AND the color if 0xffffff, getPixelColor should do that
already.

* You don't have to set the render states unless you need a different setting
than the previous tests leave behind

* The "if(hr == D3D_OK)" after BeginScene should be changed
to "if(SUCCEEDED(hr))"