IDirectSound and Unknown IID

Guillaume B. guillaume.benny at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 1 19:43:53 CST 2008

Reece Dunn wrote:

> On 31/12/2007, Guillaume B. <guillaume.benny at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> I can't see it in the Vista and XP CLSID section of the registry.
>
> Is it an interface that is being queried for internally by dmime or
> dswave (as you are using the native versions)? That is, MS may not be
> publicizing it (as it is not part of the DirectSound API), but are
> using it to coordinate interaction between dswave and dsound.
>
> It would be useful to find out if it is the game that is querying for
> this interface, or if it is the native DLLs.

 Hi,

 I think you are right: the interface seems to be queried from dmime,
although I can't confirm it since I can't make the debugger stop in my
function to see the backtrace... and I can't see the assembly code that
called my function.

 I've tried to use the builtin dmime but it doesn't make a sound altough it
seems to call DSound functions frequently with code executed in a timer.
It's probably because IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_PlaySegmentEx is not
implemented. I've tried to add some code to make it work but since I don't
really know how it works, my small hack doesn't play a sound!

 So now I'm stuck. Thanks anyway for your help.

 Guillaume