Norwegian language files using wrong locale

Daniel Nylander po at danielnylander.se
Wed Jan 2 05:03:22 CST 2008

On ons, 2008-01-02 at 18:29 +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Daniel Nylander" <po at danielnylander.se> wrote:
>
> > I noticed that the Norwegian (bokmål) locale files are using the locale
> > "no". Correct locale for Norwegian Bokmål is "nb" (Nynorsk is "nn").
>
> I don't see a lower cased "no" in dlls/kernel32/nls/nor.nls. Where did you
> notice that? Wine has the same data as for instance my XP SP2 reports:
> LOCALE_SISO3166CTRYNAME "NO"
> LOCALE_SISO639LANGNAME "nb"

I did see them in the git tree. The files include "LANGUAGE
LANG_NORWEGIAN, SUBLANG_NORWEGIAN_BOKMAL" (which is correct) but what
happens when Norwegian Nynorsk (no_NN) is added? The filenames should be
changed according to ISO 639-1. But I could be wrong.

Examples:
./programs/wordpad/No.rc
./programs/winemine/No.rc
./programs/winecfg/No.rc