Can't figure out how tolink a program

Blake McBride blake at mcbride.name
Thu Jan 3 03:54:54 CST 2008

I have a library built under Linux with Wine (mylib.a) that uses various
Windows API (mainly GUI) that built fine.  I compiled the main program
from .c to .o and from .rc to .res just fine.  My problem is I can't
figure our what command line to use to link:

    myprogram.o
    myprogram.res
    mylib.a

In other words, when I try to link it all together I get a bunch of
unresolved externals on things like:

    ReleaseDC
    GetDC
    SendMessageA
    MulDiv
    GlobalAlloc

I don't know what gcc command line argument to load the normal API's.

I checked all the online docs.  There are no examples and the docs that
do exist state that hey are out-of-date.

I would really appreciate a few simple example command lines to link a
program with the normal API's AND my .res file.

Thank you.

Blake McBride
blake at mcbride.name