missed patches

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Thu Jan 3 09:39:46 CST 2008

  Hi,
Is there something wrong with these couple of patches?

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-December/048436.html
kernel32/console: convert newborn wineserver handle to kernel32 console
handle.
This patch makes screenbuffer handle, returned by CreateConsoleScreenBuffer
function, be a really "console" handle (h&3 == 3). Fixes behaviour of
WriteFile function called upon this handle.

and

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-December/048291.html
tools/wineshelllink: do not execute applications directly, use 'start' utility
instead
This patch allows to create correct desktop/menu shortcuts for console
applications (e.g. Far Manager).
I've caught on the idea suggested by Vitaliy (If console needs to be created
for those apps and there isn't one, then Wine should do it when starting an
app.), but I cannot understand how to check it - dumb console always present
(even redirected to /dev/null):
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-December/061399.html

If I missed something important just let me know.

Thanks,
--
Kirill