USER32 - SPI_GETMOUSE missing a default value.

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Thu Jan 3 21:39:16 CST 2008

I have an app which is bailing out because it cannot get valid data
from SPI_GETMOUSE - and indeed this reg key does not exist.

The key should be in "Control Panel\\Colors" under CURRENT_USER.

There are similar values in the "Control Panel" folder in the registry.

Is there a reason this value is not initialized ?

If i want to fix it, then:

1) Where is the best place to initialize values like these? I presume
its during boot, where the mouse values should be read?

2) Should i get the mouse data from X11 or just simulate something?

/p