question about fixing D3DRENDERSTATE_TEXTUREMAPBLEND

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 7 20:21:10 CST 2008

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2008 07:55:08 schrieb Alexander Dorofeyev:
> "D3DTBLEND_MODULATE Modulate texture-blending is supported. In this mode,
> the RGB values of the texture are multiplied with the RGB values that would
> have been used with no texturing. Any alpha values in the texture replace
> the alpha values that would have been used with no texturing."
D3DTA_TEXTURE has a somewhat strange behavior. If no texture is set, it
behaves like D3DTA_PREVIOUS. Perhaps for alphaarg it behaves similarly if
there is a texture, but it has no alpha. If that is the case, then I think it
matches what you need for D3DTBLEND_MODULATE. Otherwise I think a private
value like your D3DTOP_DX6MODULATE is the only way.

So I'd say test how D3DTA_TEXTURE should behave, maybe we implement it
incorrectly at the moment.