Spelling fixes - abbreviation question

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:44:23 CST 2008

I'm seeing quite a few abbreviations. While they don't hurt anything,
they do give the code a slang tone. I personally think that wine is a
very professional project, and it's code should reflect that. While
this is obviously a very generic question, I wanted to clarify before
submitting some changes for these.

A few examples. These are all in comments, not in actual code, and I'm
checking to make sure compilation/tests still pass before submitting.
mem -> memory
init -> initialize
concat -> concatenate
nr/num -> number
infos -> information
manuf -> manufacturer

Etc. Anyone have any objections to these being changed? Call me a
grammar nazi, but it's easier to read when not shortened like that.

-Austin