autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Marcus Meissner meissner at suse.de
Fri Jan 11 10:48:06 CST 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 05:36:04PM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> This is release 0.9.53 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.
>
> What's new in this release:
>   - RunOnce and Run entries now executed on startup.

This will probably give some fallout ;)

I wanted to write earlier, but did forget about it over the last
days.

For my grown Wine installation this now starts:

- 2 instances of a Windows Worm
- Google Talk (not working)
- Skype (crashing)
- pccam.exe from some digital camera disk
- the annoying Steam.exe auto-update and ask-for-subscription dialog
- perhaps more

and this even on "make check" :(

We probably need some tool to edit Run and RunOnce entries now.

Ciao, Marcus