autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Sat Jan 12 19:53:25 CST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 2:15 PM, Brian Vincent <brian.vincent at> wrote:
> Until someone comes up with the addition to winecfg to edit the Run and
> RunOnce keys (and it really seems like that is what we need), we should
> probably detect if those keys have changed and pop up a dialog on the next
> wineboot that says: "The Run or RunOnce registry keys have changed, probably
> because you installed a new application.  We're now going to execute them,
> but be prepared for something to explode and steal your lunch money.  You
> can repair anything broken by running "wine regedit" and editing
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

Winecfg is not really the place for it. Windows power users expect to
have msconfig....its a shame we can't lift the one from ReactOS
because they have a working LGPL replacement.

Steven Edwards