autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:02:29 CST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 12:54 AM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not? Was it reverse engineered? Or is there some other reason
> preventing its integration?

The general policy is to no longer accept code from ReactOS though the
Wine taskmgr and registry editor were developed by ReactOS developers.
It should be obvious that its cleanly implemented so I don't know if
there is any way Alexandre would make an exception to import it. There
is really nothing to be reversed from this tool and Colin's version is
under the correct license so I don't see any reason why it should be
rejected. Its not like its some low level library without
documentation or anything. If we can't merge it due to policy then I
think taskmgr and regedit should be remove from Winehq git.

http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trunk/reactos/base/applications/msconfig/

--
Steven Edwards