Towards Zero Test Suite Failures

Dan Kegel dank at
Sun Jan 13 23:50:10 CST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 8:30 PM, Zachary Goldberg <zgold550 at> wrote:
> > On my machine, we've been hovering between
> > five and ten test suite failures for some time
> > (see )
> > How 'bout folks spend some time tracking
> > the current six odd failures down and cleaning them up?
> Sounds like a worthy goal IMO.  It seems theres much more than 5 or 6
> things which need work though:

Not a pretty picture, is it?
But I was only referring to the tests that fail on Wine; there,
we have control over both the test and the code, so if
we can't get those tests passing, we're pretty weak :-)

> Perhaps we should try and
> have the nightly suite also pass all tests -- or is this too much of a
> frivolous goal?

Getting all tests passing on Windows XP would be great,
but it's a lot of work.   It'd be less work if we focused on just the tests
that are failing on *all* Win XP systems, but that's still
at least 180 ok's that aren't ok.  Let's at least fix the 5 or 10 that are
failing on Wine, and try to keep them fixed.
- Dan