user32, wined3d: move refresh rate fallback to catch all cases(resend)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Tue Jan 15 03:32:46 CST 2008

"Erik Inge Bolsø" <knan-wine at anduin.net> wrote:

> This is a change to match windows behaviour, AFAICT.

Based on what?

> How would I go about adding a testcase for this? I don't have a windows
> development environment set up, and only indirectly a windows install to
> test on. Can't mess around with it too much, it's not mine.

If you haven't tested this in Windows then I don't see how you could
claim that your patch makes Wine conform to Windows behaviour.

A test I'd think of would scan available video modes, choose one, change
its refresh rate so that the modes of the same resolution have different
values, and see what happens if you pass it to ChangeDisplaySettings.

--
Dmitry.