Good source for msvcr71?

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Jan 15 08:44:07 CST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 12:39 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at> wrote:
> > Anyone know a better source [for msvcr71],
> > preferably at
> > I'd like to add it to winetricks.
> ... it seems like Microsoft suggests to always distribute its own copy of
> msvcr71.dll with every application. That means that it's unlikely that
> Microsoft will provide an installer for it on

Indeed.   But it means it's very likely that *some app* at
is bundled with it.

> Just an idea, can we build our mozilla dlls so that the build includes
> msvcr71.dll?

Sure, if we build gecko with visual studio 2003, it'll have to come with one.
We might also find ourselves needing to bundle a few more windows binaries
with Wine someday, and those might happen to require other redistributables
(e.g. mfc42).
- Dan