autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jan 16 13:19:07 CST 2008

Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> writes:

> We might want to add an option for only executing these on wineboot.
> Hell, we might want to make this the default unless the user has a new
> Wine installation made with wineprefixcreate.
>
> As it is, this change might break things.

Any change might break things, that has never stopped us before ;-)

I agree we need a way to configure the Run entries to be able to remove
worms and other nuisances, but if running a legitimate app causes
trouble we want to fix it, not just force users to disable it; and the
way to find out about it is by running these entries and seeing what
happens.

Still, we don't need to debug it all at once, so I've disabled the Run
entries for now. This way we can first concentrate on fixing trouble
caused by services and RunOnce entries; but once this is done we
definitely want to enable them again.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org