Getting Mozy to work

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jan 16 17:58:17 CST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2008 23:37:45 schrieb Christopher:
>  I'd like to get Mozy (online backup software, see mozy.com) working under
> Wine. I'm not sure I have all the skills, but I'm willing to try and write
> the necessary patches. In particular I need to fix bug 10932. This appears
> to be a problem with the fonts and/or the way text is rendered in general.
> Can anyone suggest a starting point for me? My programming experience has
> all been on Windows, so I don't know much about Wine and Linux. I tried
> looking through the output of +relay, but besides some WM_SETFONT messages
> there wasn't anything that looked very useful.
Try to look for things like ExtTextOut. Also, if the text is some custom font,
the app might try to load it from images, or a custom font in its program
folder.

One other hint: Please consider writing plain text mails instead of HTML
messages to this mailing list. I almost trashed the mail without reading it
because the combination of HTML + a superficial look at the sender address
triggered my spam trigger...