Suggestion to the list maintainer

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Sat Jan 19 07:18:52 CST 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> >> PS : I do find Subject prefixes ugly too... Bu I hadn't found a more
> >> handy solution.
> >
> > Don't use squirrelmail, or better yet - fix it. I suggest you replace
> > squirrel with Zimbra, it's much better. I'm just a happy user.
>
> Zimbra is commercial groupware suite. SquirrelMail is free webmail
> application. You are suggesting to replace whole user's email system with
> some proprietary locked product.

It works pretty well, is free as in beer, and the only "closed" parts are its
Java core. A lot of other stuff, such as the JavaScript framework, and reused
OSS project, are still open-source.

I have been using it for a year and I really beats everything else out the
hands down. IMHO of course.

Cheers, Kuba