Shared IDL Imports

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jan 21 09:22:23 CST 2008

Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com> writes:

> Solution 1: Fix the generation of include statements in header files
> generated from the IDL to include the path. This has the issue that it
> is not compatible with MIDL, so testing our IDL files with it becomes
> difficult (MIDL appears to only search in the current directory when
> it encounters an import statement with a path).

I think preserving the path is the right thing to do in any case, but
whether we want to take advantage of this feature is another question.

Does the dependency really need to be expressed in the global idl file?
Can't you simply require users of that file to import the required
dependencies first?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org