winex11.drv: try work around a crash

Marcus Meissner meissner at
Thu Jan 24 03:44:43 CST 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:00:32AM +0000, Louis. Lenders wrote:
> Hi, basically this is a resend of a patch i sent very long time ago ( )
> It's a fix for bug
> As explained in comment
> the cause of these crashes is some buggy mfc-function
> , and as windows is able to work around this, wine should do the same.
> I've put the exception handler only around X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits_24 , as that's where all the applications crash; if we want to mimic windows behaviour it should be put around all cases i guess, but i'm not sure we want to that and maybe hide other bugs.
> If this patch is rejected could you please comment why, to help fix the bug in a better way

Remembering a different bug with the same issue I think you should not wrap
DIB_SetImageBits_24 but just check descr->bits in X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits()

Something along the lines of:

	unsigned long off;
	unsigned char volatile x;

	__TRY {
		for (off=0;off<descr->sizeImage;off+=PAGE_SIZE) {
			x += ((unsigned char*)descr->bits)[off]
	} ...

Ciao, Marcus