winecfg.cpl: Add new control panel applet for winecfg

James Hawkins truiken at
Tue Jul 1 18:09:32 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Rob Thornton <rob_t at> wrote:
> Owen Rudge wrote:
>>  > As we said before, implementing a control panel applet doesn't mean
>>  > you have to do anything to the current winecfg code.
>> True, but would it really benefit to add an icon for each winecfg tab
>> (which I think is what you are suggesting, yes?) to the control panel,
>> compared to having one general icon for Wine configuration?
> I don't think think making winecfg seem more like the Windows Control
> panel is really something wine should strive for. Wine may be a
> compatibility layer for Windows but I'm not sure it should mimic it.

Then what's the point of this mini-project?  We've already decided
it's what we want for Wine, so you won't get much sympathy for this
argument.  Keep in mind: we're not removing winecfg (yet)...we're just
adding applets to the control panel.

James Hawkins