[UPDATE] shell32: Check registry entry for cpl files (in standard control panel)

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Thu Jul 3 07:55:12 CDT 2008

> Control Panel applets can also be registered in "HKCU\Control
> Panel\MMCPL".

Well, technically, they would be registered in the [mmcpl] section of
control.ini, which is then mapped in the registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\control.ini) to the appropriate registry
entry. However, as far as I can tell, Wine's profile string functions don't
currently support INI file mapping (there's a patch on the bug tracker, but
it was never accepted, it seems), so if any old application did try to write
to the control.ini file, it wouldn't end up in the registry. I could add a
check for CPL entries in control.ini if desired using the
GetPrivateProfileSection function, and if/when Wine does support INI file
mapping, the code wouldn't then need updating to point to the "right" place.

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/