Debugging Question

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:10:56 CDT 2008

> Ok when I put +relay on I get alot of other stuff I am not looking for...

Sure.  Some Windows APIs call other Windows APIs.  +relay almost
always produces too much information, but guessing which debug channel
you really want is hard.  Sometimes you have to read the relay channel
to guess which channel you really want.

> So it would be like this
>
> trace:d3d_caps:<win32 API called> returning w:1600, h:1200, ref:60,
> fmt:WINED3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

No, that'll only appear if you turn on trace for the d3d_caps channel.
 +relay only turns it on for the relay channel.
--Juan